Thursday, June 2, 2011

Give thanks. Give life.

I'm not sure where to start honestly, it's been "one of those nights." I recently found out that 5 CF patients have passed away at childrens hospital just this year. Not because of the facility care but just because they simply lost their battle against Cystic Fibrosis. It literally breaks me heart because I know what it's like losing someone to CF, one of my good "hospital buddys" passed away when she was only 16. It's also so scary, because you just don't realize what this disease is capable of. I've met so many people who have had transplant, and are waiting and it seems everyone has a different story. I've met people who are 10 years post transplant and those who are waiting for their second one. It's hard and stressful to be positive all the time.  I can't imagine what the families of those 5 patients are going through.

There is a young woman named Katrina Howell. I do not know her personally but came across her FB page. Katie is now needing a living donor in order to survive her battle. The doctors have just giving her 14 days to live and she is on a ventillator. I encourage everyone that reads this blog to spread the word to help save a life. Imagine if it were you, your mother, father, daughter or son. What would YOU do.  Here is her page..
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Katie-needs-a-lung-donor-NOW/145660315497555?sk=wall .

It's so aggravating to watch people take for granted everything great they have in life.
I'm sorry your back hurts today, someone broke your heart when you were 15, you have a headache, its the worst day ever because its snowing, your grounded so you can't go cruise with your friends, your mom is the worst ever because you aren't allowed to do whatver you want, your car wont start, its raining..etc.
People don't even realize how lucky they are to have so many wonderful things they can be thankful for. It's been a stressful night and I hope someone gets SOMETHING from reading this blog. 
If you did, let me know (:

No comments:

Post a Comment